Thursday, August 20, 2009

I HATE colds!!!

I haven't had a cold in ages, and I have NO idea how I got this one! My husband, Ray, sorta started coming down with one when I did, but his seems to have dwindled away while mine is getting worse and worse. I slept for 3 or 4 hours on the livingroom couch this afternoon and that is NOT like me at all! I have this horrible croaky wheezing cough, my chest hurts and so does my head (and of course, my throat). Now my nose is getting all plugged up!

I am sooooooo glad that Ray & I went to see our darling new grandson at the hospital last night before this "horribleness" hit!!! His name is Zackary Tiberius Curry and he was 7# 6 oz, and 20 inches long. He got circumcised today and they sent him home 1 hour later. His daddy, Jon, says little Zack doesn't even seem to be in pain - poor little thing!

Well, tomorrow morning I take our car into Midas again to see if they can figure out the problem with the a/c. Wish me luck!!!

I made up a frozen drink for Ray & I that I thought would feel good on my throat and give us an extra dose of Vit. C. I took frozen Minute Maid orange juice concentrate (about half of a 12 oz. can). I blended it up in the blender with 4 jiggers of vodka, 5 or 6 scoops of Safeway's Mandarin Orange Sherbet and about 4 cups of ice. It was delicious! We drank them while watching an episode of "Monk". This is it's last season. It's pretty silly, but there isn't much to watch these days! I can't wait for our favorite shows to begin again this fall!

4 comments:

  1. Yum! That drinks sounds really good.
    I'm sorry your so sick. :-(
    {{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're feelin' bad, that sucks! I always start on the Zicam the minute I feel like I'm getting something and it has always helped.
    The drink sounds yummy!
    Feel better soon, congrats on your new grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy about your Grandson!!!! Getting that cold sucks i usually get one once a year... U know whats a really good drink I had it last night.. If you like rhubarb.. you Simmer rhubarb and sugar in water on the stove for like 15-20 minutes not too long then strain off the juice cool it in the fridge add some club soda and then vodka on the top!! MMMM SOO GOOD then you can eat the rhubarb after for dessert!!! 2 birds with one stone!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Patti,
    Jackie told me about your son, I am so sorry....I don't even know what to say except that I am sending love and many prayers to you from Texas....
    love to you....

    ReplyDelete